Federal State-Financed Institution «Federal Centre for Animal Health» (FGBI "ARRIAH") is a leading scientific research institution in the field of veterinary with a large scientific subject area, a modern scientific production basis and a high international status. The activity of the centre is many-sided: carrying out scientific research and epizootic monitoring, working out prognosis, making recommendations on animal health care, participation in the prevention and treatment activities, development and manufacturing of highly effective medical means for veterinary use.
FGBI “Federal Centre for Animal Health” is given the following national and international statuses:
1. OIE Regional Reference Laboratory for Foot-and-Mouth Disease
2. OIE Collaborating Centre for Diagnosis and Control of Animal Diseases for the Countries of Eastern Europe, Central Asia and Transcaucasia
3. OIE Reference Laboratory for Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza and Low Pathogenic Avian Influenza (Poultry) and Newcastle Disease
4. The basic molecular diagnostics Centre of the Ministry of Agriculture, Russian Federation
5. The federal diagnostic center for bovine spongiform encephalopathy and rabies in the Russian Federation
6. National Reference Laboratory for Avian Influenza
7. Food Safety Testing Center.